prunes, juicy, soft prunes. They are so good. I know not every one's favorite treat but they are so good. I learned the hard way that you really should hold back on the consumption of my beloved prunes. As a missionary in CA, the people we taught often offered us food. One family in particular always had food and we didn't want them to feel bad by not eating it, so we ate. One day they had set out a bowl of prunes and pecans. My companion said to me that she didn't eat prunes and I told her not to worry I'd take care of them and she could eat the nuts. Well I ate at least 9 or 10, maybe more. Later that night I was supposed to be translating for a meeting but was pinching the penny too long if you know what I mean. I was quite relieved when someone came up and asked if they could translate instead. Oh yeah! Home was the only stop after that. Since then I've learned to only eat 4 or 5 prunes at a time and I'm okay.
FYI-lots has been going on but I've not the strength nor time to write about it so I just thought you would all like to know that I have a great love for prunes, glorious, delicious prunes.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
too funny!
Jared loves them too! He has good memories of sneaking into his grandparents pantry and eating them! Hope you are all right! Love ya!
I have to agree. They are yummy...the fruit only, not the juice.
Post a Comment