Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sam's Prayer

Tonight I enjoyed another prayer from my youngest son. He usually begins all prayers the same way by giving thanks for "a great day" and then asking for another "great day" tomorrow and then blessing his parent's to be "great"too. Tonight though he left out about five or so "greats" and said "please bless Jesus to do what I tell Him to" at this point I was trying not to laugh. I interrupted him by telling him he can't boss Jesus around. That because we pray for something doesn't mean that we always get the answer we want. I shared the story of when I was little and prayed to break my leg (cause I thought it'd be cool to get a cast and crutches) and that the answer to that prayer was "No" since I never broke my leg. Sam gets upset with my long interruption and says "Now I have to start over". The next prayer was pretty short in which he said "bless mom not to interrupt my prayers" oops.

1 comment:

Carrilyne said...

Classic! I am laughing so hard right now!