Sunday, October 3, 2010

fingers crossed

So I bought about 9 huge peaches from Costco for $9.  Mike loves peaches.  I like peaches too but only when they are yummy, juicy, sweet and not mushy.  Buying produce in AK is always a gamble.  This time I lost.  They were mushy, I should have known better but rather than be sad and cry over mushy peaches I'm trying to make them into a cobbler, which we are about to eat, without ice cream unfortunately.  So I'm crossing my fingers it'll be yummy with all that added sugar and baked on topping. 

 To all those who live in the fruitful lower 48 enjoy some juicy, sweet, non mushy peaches for me. 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

after we saw you and your peaches at costco we bought some too. I got home and found that one peach had completely rotted. love peach cobbler. i'm sure it will turn out yummy.

Danielle said...

Oh, I've been up to Brigham City 3 times for peaches already, and they have been heaven.....sorry you haven't had any luck. If it makes you feel any better the one I bought at the grocery store were gross. Had to go to the source!!