Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Transformed Treasures

This year I participated in the Salvation Army Charity called Transformed Treasures.  They give you some vouchers for any Salvation Army store.  You pick out some stuff and make it into something else.  Here are a few of my favorites.
 If I would have had money to spend at the auction I would have wanted this.  I loved it.  I think the before picture was a couple of glass lamps the person broke and used to create this here fish.
 I thought this was interesting because these were made from all those seasonal/holiday tins. 

 This one just made me laugh.  It was called Tea With Sarah.  Ha ha.  Loved it.
I also loved this tray.  The lady who made this sat at my table.  I was amazed at how she could decoupage this because you couldn't tell.  She must have used some really thin paper.  A fun piece.

I also loved these journals.  They were made with wood from a doll house and they stitched. So many good ideas were there.   I recommend anyone interested in doing this type of stuff to sign up next year.  It was tons of fun. 

1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

That journal is my favorite!!
That's such a great idea...what did you make??
I'm going to keep reading your other posts so if you posted it before, don't mind me!