Saturday, August 4, 2007

Changes

So I guess I should write about some changes coming our way. Many of you know but I thought I should just say it to the wide open world anyway. I'm pregnant. Baby number four is thriving in there making me sick as a dog. Well I guess I'm not that sick as I have been more sick with other babies but I sure don't feel good! I know my English is impeccable. :)



The story goes like this. My husband says three is enough and he wants to get a vasectomy. I say hmmm that sounds permanent but then I talk to lots of people who got pregnant after their husbands had the big SNIP. So I told him go ahead we'll probably still get pregnant. I looked up once that it was something like 1 in 2,000 don't work the first time. I told him that would be him. I really thought we were done though. I got rid of every maternity thing and just about every baby thing too. Really, I don't hold on to all their little clothes for sentimental value. Those poop stained things were cute before the stains. :)



So after the first vasectomy I had said a little prayer basically saying if we are supposed to have more kids let us have them regardless of this little surgery. Months later we find out that he has swimmers. We hadn't been very careful but I wasn't pregnant yet. So the week after the second vasectomy I found out that I was pregnant. My husband was still sore. Poor thing. Then I told him about that little prayer. His response was "you're not allowed to pray anymore!" Well he didn't mean that of course but he was in shock to say the least. I didn't even tell him in person. He was at scout camp and I text messaged him. How romantic!



So now that I've been puking my brains out feeling like crap he'll say to me "you glad you said that little prayer?" He's definitely accepted this great change and is searching for a new vehicle to carry us all in, that has 4 wheel drive that is. No minivan for him. My boys are besides themselves with joy. My oldest, Jack has actually been praying for a sister for some time now. I'd say almost six months, so it's not just my prayer. I can pass some of the blame to Jack. :)



I'm excited though and I truly don't care if it's a boy or a girl, so long as it's a baby. I'm about 12 weeks now and am wishing and hoping that my trend of being sick for 5 months doesn't follow through with this one. I've turned into the mother slug and my poor kids have been eating probably the most processed foods they have ever had cause I can't stand to cook. We do eat a lot of cold cereal too. Dad's been gone or I'm sure he'd figure out how to cook something. :) My two year old now thinks cereal is for any time of the day and that he can opt out of the real meal for cereal. Hmmm. I'm going to have to undo some of this damage but I sure don't mind when I'm feeling so lovely.



Oh another wonderful perk to this morning sickness all day long thing is that I have at least three fans cheering me on every time I heave. Some times my two year old will run before me and say "no my go pee pee" I say "no, Mommy needs to puke!" He moves and says "okay I stay with you" It's so nice to have such a great support system. Then I get the "you done mommy?" And "my want to see it?"



The topper though was while I was moaning and groaning on the couch a couple weeks ago, my David (4) came to lay with me. I thought oh he misses our snuggles. I wasn't prepared for what happened. He threw up all over me, the couch and the floor. My husband was out of the country my two good friends had moved and my wonderful neighbors were gone, no one to call upon for back up. Not that I would ask my neighbors or friends to clean up my kids puke but I felt like I needed back up. It was awful. It took me so long to clean it all up and then I couldn't set foot in that room for a few days, really not until we got back from vacation.



I realized later that it was my own fault. I had fed them the night before some highly nutrious corn dogs and didn't put the left overs away. The next day David obviously hungry and fending for himself ate one of the old corn dogs. I believe this to be the source of such illness. My own laziness did this to me.



Enough of the drama. It's still good to be alive. :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love reading your blog!! You are so cute. I'm sorry things are still rough in the puking department. You know you can call me and I'd come clean up puke for you. :D

I know it's miserable to feel so sick, especially having kids at home and a husband away. Give me a call if you need anything. We can comiserate together!!

Oh and cereal is pretty common in our house too. :)

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Your blog made me laugh out loud.
Keep it up if you can.