Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks

Thanks to my baby brother Ben for actually reading and commenting on my blog. He's great. I am thankful for the friendship he's given me over the years. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and wonderful birthday. I'll try to be a great sister and call.

Today I thouroughly enjoyed myself in the kitchen. I love cooking! I made a wonderful feast if I do say so myself. High lights were Turkey of course, the stuffing was yum yum and my oh so favorite blueberry cranberries. Smile. They were more expensive to make then that little can of jellied ones but it was worth it. I had to drive all around Anchorage just to find blueberry nectar.

My children are adorable and probably one of the most important things for which I have to be thankful this year. I couldn't ask for cooler kids. So here's a blurb about them.

Jack-6 yrs. old. Loves Transformers right now. He's awesome, smart funny, and generally a good kid. Yesterday he peed on his brothers in the bath tub. His excuse was that he didn't want to get the floor wet by getting out to use the toilet. He has his moments. Currently he hates school and is learning how to make friends. I am trying to learn how to teach him to be happy regardless and to make friends. Parenting gets a little more complicated the older they get, at least it seems like that.

David-4 11/12ths Loves what Jack loves and playing all day. He's very inquisitive about everything right now. He recently has been asking about marrying me. I have told him he can't. While out the other day he says "Mom, I don't want to marry an old lady with bumps" I beleive he means wrinkles. Silly boy. Everyone gets old. He has also been asking a lot of questions about when are we going to die and why. It's been fun answering them all. I love how he says Chapstick -chopstick. He's adorable and cute and usually very sweet.

Sam-3 and crazy. Sam is in charge, well he thinks he is. He is so much fun though it's hard to get mad at him sometimes. He can still use his cuteness to get what he wants from MIke most the time. He loves playing anything Jack and David play. He gets mad more easily and will throw or hit. Working on that. He loves to say stupid and we have tried to narrow it down to being okay to say certain things are stupid like monsters. He's also still gets into things when not monitored for very long which is why I've found him on the counter trying to get the candy off the top of the fridge. Hmmmm is it any wonder he's had stitches twice. Today in the middle of my cooking while MIke was gone for five minutes he busted his lip pretty good.

I am one lucky mom. I'm grateful for a great husband and a great life.

Now my eyes want to fall shut so that's all for now.

6 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

I know for a FACT that your boys are simply adorable and hilarious! Its a nice thing that they were sent to the one person who adores them the very most. You are their perfect mom!

Jack really peed on his bros in the bath? That is too funny. I draw the line at pooping in the bath. That is NOT funny. But I'm pretty sure every kid has done it. (Please tell me my kids aren't the only ones that do that!)

Please don't stop blogging! I promise I'll be a better friend and comment more often. I should be ashamed of myself for not doing so after my shameless post about wanting comments on my own blog! I love you, Mary!

Mary Monster Mary said...

Thanks, and yes my boys have pooped in the tub, more then once. Fortunately those days are over, at least I think so.

I'm sure with all your admirers you must have many blogs to keep up with. I have but a few and you are one of them.
Love ya too!

Suzie Petunia said...

Look! I'm back! How are you doing today? I hope you're feeling well. When do you have your ultrasound?

Mary Monster Mary said...

Wow, you really are reading my blog. I better write more then. I actually went in for my ultra sound at 22 weeks and they found that the baby died. It was awful. I wrote about it in a older post. I'm doing really well though and am so gratful for my three amazing boys. Thanks for reading

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hi Mary,

Do you remember me? I am a blog lurker, but I thought I would say hi. It was great meeting you at Sarah's. I hope you are adjusting to Alaska well. The sledding sounds like fun.

I am sorry to hear about your baby. I felt like I was right there with you when I read your account about it. I wish there was something I could do.

Mary Monster Mary said...

THanks M&M and after meeting you at Suzie's I can see why she likes hanging out with you so much. You seem like a fun person and great freind.