Wednesday, December 19, 2007

BRRRRRR!

I still love Alaska but it sure is cold up here. I'm sure it'll get colder. It was -7 when we took the boys to deliver goodies to our neighbors tonight. Poor Sam didn't complain once but boy did he look froze. We ended up coming back home to get the truck for the last two houses. We just aren't that used to -7 weather. I still saw people out with just jackets on. Maybe they're just crazy or part polar bear. :) I'm really thinking about those snow pants for me. Hmmmm. Yeah I'm gonna need them.

Our house is the bus stop and is a slope of sorts. We have tons of kids playing on our slope everyday, or so it seems. At first it was their scooters and skateboards flying down the hill, then it snowed and out came the sleds. THe snow melted and then froze and we now have a nice ice path. THe kids love sliding down on their bums. THe whole neighborhood does every morning as our house is the bus stop. Apparently the bus driver was either worried about someone getting killed flying into the street in front of him or just tired of waiting for them to stop sliding to get on the bus, but what ever it was it caused the principal to come out almost daily to stop it. They will not be allowed to ride the bus if they are caught doing it. Today my little Jack said to me. Mom, I was sliding yesterday but I didn't get in trouble because no one saw me. Sneaky little rat. I don't think he really wants to get into trouble though. Some kids just can't resist it even though they know the consquences. It's so enticing. One father who usually isn't there showed up this morning to ensure his child would not get kicked off the bus. His son is always one of the last ones to do one, two maybe three more slides before he gets on the bus. He's a little guy and I'm sure just wants to have fun. Mike doesn't like the new rule but then again you can catch him sliding down the hill on occasion too. Okay so I tried it once too but without those snow pants it really is cold, fun but cold.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Sister Mary!

I got your email a while ago with the link to your blog and I think it is hilarious to keep up with the Henrie-people!

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I cried along with you. It seems I know nothing about what is going on with all the old friends. Been lost in my own world I guess. I am sorry for that.

I will keep checking in on you guys...and who knows maybe you have inspired me to make my own blog so you can see what is going on with those crazy Stringhams!

Love to all of you...

Jen, John, Katie, Emma-Rose and Sam-bones!

Suzie Petunia said...

Yah, Mike has never been one for following rules, has he? :) Sounds like fun!

Marbecca said...

i wanna slide!!