Just been thinking about the state of the world today and wondering if any of you have good ideas on being frugal. We have taken our Suburban to the Lemon lot to sell. We realize that not many people really want an SUV right now but we don't want any more payments so we are hoping someone will buy. :) Meanwhile please share ideas on what you do to be frugal. Here's one of mine.
My kids NEVER eat the crust of their sandwiches so I cut it off before I start and then think "I don't want to throw away all this crust" I save it up and make crutons, bread crumbs, stuffing, and bread pudding. Tonight I made something I love with some of those bread crumbs. They are sweet potato croquettes. They are so yummy and savory. It seems sweet potatoes are not typically savory but they are. Yum yum. I also recently made Halibut Picatta. Waste not want not. Right?
I also recently read a list of reasons to be happy we are in a recession. Any reasons you'd like to share that you're happy for one?
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know if I'm happy we're in a recession, while I guess it's better than the other choices but still.
I save ALL of my plastic grocery bags and use all of them again at least once. I know it's not huge but only like 5% of the world does that. They are great for stinky diapers but you already past that stage.
We are also trying to get rid of our gas gazlers. We'll see. If anywhere people are going to buy them, it up here!!
Post a Comment