Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Goat!

Grouchy Goat Boy


My sweet little David. The middle child. The one who is so eager to please that he'd knock over two brothers just to try and beat them to the trash cans and win my approval. This 5 year old wonder is actually a goat. That's probably why he likes to go for those trash cans. :) No really, I've found that he is constantly chewing his clothing. Now most of you are well aware of my frugal ways, that said these clothes are mostly hand-me-downs. But regardless I don't want him eating them and I don't want to replace them. Any suggestions on how to get your child to stop eating their clothing is welcome.

Another problem we have is that now that the boys all share a room the amount of clothing in there is insane. Their closet looks like it's throwing up all the time. They also like to play with their clothes or if Sam spills a drop of anything on his shirt he thinks he needs to change. That or Sam declares he's hot and strips at which point I remind him that our family rule is "Every one needs to where clothes" and then he gets a new outfit on and leaves the old one on the floor. This happens a few times a day. So this weekend I took all but 6 shirts away. Yup they only have the long sleeve option. We'll see how long it lasts. It's only been a day and I think they are getting pretty low.

1 comment:

Carrilyne said...

Mary, I have the same problem! Well not about eating the clothes but about the room barfing up clothes! My girls especially Ellie change a lot even when the clothes are clean I can never keep up! I like your solution... We did that with their toys last week, they each get 10 toys out at a time and they can rotate their toys from the closet every week... It seems to be working well. Now I just have to clean up clothes instead of clothes AND Toys!