Tuesday, December 16, 2008
A Mouse a mouse a mouse is in the house!
Tips on getting rid of these creatures are welcome. I've trapped two so far and thought we were done but I'm getting a little worried that we may be housing hoards of them. I saw one run across the room today. So I've been pulling all my furniture out (again) and vacuuming (with my horrible vacuum that works better with the attachments). I've set traps under my couch and along the heaters. In this old military housing the heaters are a bit different. They run along the base boards but from what I understand they send hot water through pipes to heat up the house. I believe these small creatures are crawling along this nicely heated base board and leaving little droppings in random places. I know, now you're all dying to come to my house. We may not be the most organized family but we aren't filthy. I guess it's pretty common in this older housing to have mice or I think they are actually shrews. I've been watching my cupboards pretty closely worried that there would be droppings there but the funny thing is I don't find any there. I find them under the kitchen sink, in my a few closets, and along base boards and under the couch oh and in my husbands drum room. That's where we caught one of them . Now that I've got two, I think they've wised up. I need some tips cause my kids are scared to go anywhere, as if a mouse will eat them. Plus I'm sick of them. So I've waged war. I've been thinking of poison but am worried that they will go crawl in the wall and die and then my house will stink. So if any of you have already won this war before please give me your tips. In the beginning Jack was worried we'd kill Despereuax now they are ready to wage the ward with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
We caught two mice just last week. We have them in the basement. We just put out sticky traps that smell like peanut butter. But I'm like you, I'm not convinced the problem is solved. The other night I got home and Caveman was on his bed and said he just saw a mouse. I asked him where it was and he said it went behind his dresser. I looked behind his dresser and saw it so I had him get a sticky trap and put it right against the edge of his dresser. I banged on the wall a couple times and the mouse ran right onto the trap. Stuck. It was a little bit sad. But just a little bit. Good luck. If I find out about a great solution I'll let you know.
There's always Mike's least favorite solution, a cat.
I agree with ben...a cat. I'll let you borrow my cat for a bit!
Once the smell is in the house, they won't come back.
The poor little guy is just cold!
No tips, but I hope you are rid of them soon.
What about a "mouse dog"? Doby (Uncle Franks gift) catches mice on his morning walks. It is a great game for him. We could loan him to you indefinately.
PS In my haste this morning I accidently posted a comment that included my passworld so I had to delete it. Sorry!
One of my worst nightmares realized! I am grateful for my neighbor's cats b/c they keep the mice under control. (And that is the ONLY reason.) I don't like cats. Shh.
When we had mice in LA joe kept telling me that the best cure for mice is a cat. . . haha, know that i read your other commentor's it seems there is a theme!!! i didn't go for that either. i figure you've either got a bunch of little creatures or a larger one that you're supposed to take care of. it's a lose lose proposition. . . unless you want a cat anyway.
Post a Comment