So I was a little grumpy my last post. Sorry. :)
I have good things to say today. I only had to find one substitute for Primary and my husband was conveniently available. He did an amazing job. Though primary was still a bit rowdy it was nothing like last week. Sighs of relief. :)
I kinda like having this early church even if it means I have to get up at 5:30am to get to my meetings before. I actually got to attend those meetings without worrying about the kids. Granted Mike's clock was off by two hours and he almost didn't make it in time for Sacrament. He did make it and the kids were dressed eating granola bars.
Now I'm getting ready to head out to our Potluck for separated families. I made a big batch of red beans and rice with some ham and reindeer sausage. Hopefully it's good but if not so what, I can everyone elses food right. Oh you may be thinking why is she going to this potluck when her husband is now home. Easy answer. While Mike was gone I made myself make something to take for the designated potluck day and after wrestling kids for hours I was looking forward to some other adult to talk to. By the time I got to the kitchen it had been determined there was no potluck. I for some reason needed to bust into tears over this but excused myself to the restroom. My dear friends husband noticed my distress and they invited us over for dinner that day. It ended up being lovely but since I felt so deflated when I realized no one would be there I told myself I would try to go just to socialize with those who may also need an adult to talk to. :)
I also had a great weekend with Mike. We ran away to a bed and breakfast. We went out to a nice restaurant too and did a little shopping. I got a new pair of boots. I'll have to post the picture of my old UGGS. I've had them for about 15 years and they are very sad these days but now I have a new pair of boots. I hope I like them just as well though they are not UGGS.
Well my time is running out and my beans need a stir. I hope you all have a happy day today too. There's so much time when church is in the morning. :)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh I'm sooo glad you got new boots! You totally deserve it.
I'm sorry about your tears. I woulda giving you a hug! I heart you!
I found your blog from the comment you left on ours... :)
It's great to hear about you guys too. I'm glad Mike is home and safe. How long will you guys be in Alaska? Matt REALLY wants to visit but I don't know if we could make it this year....
I sooo miss you! I would love to be socializing with you at this very moment! You awesome at everything you do!
Post a Comment