Have you ever gone to your dinning room table and prepared to pull out a chair only to find that it's restricted? Well tied up. Not too uncommon, I believe most little boys think tying things up is probably pretty fun but mine seem to think that all that free floss we've been getting from story time and the dentist is meant to tie things up. It's not limited to dinning room chairs, oh no. We've gone beyond that. We tie up little zip lines for the GI JOE's from anywhere, door knobs, dressers and my favorite the bathroom towel rack. I find little bits of floss everywhere and in a variety of flavors.
So I decided to take away the floss since it's obvious that it's main purpose is not what it's being used for. Tonight I watched my boys brush their teeth (mostly cause they were fighting) and then Sam who hasn't had access to floss for a couple days now reaches down under the sink in the cabinet and behind some jugs of water that I keep there for emergencies and pulls out an old piece of floss, the blue and white fluffy kind. He begins to floss, I'm grossed out and tell him to stop. I didn't realize that they still were flossing their teeth with old stashes of floss. Now I'll have to dole it out every night. tsk tsk if only they could be trusted.
Oh and when they use up all the floss they like to try and make weapons and things out of the containers that held the floss. Who says kids even need toys, I tell you some floss and an old shoe would probably make kids world wide happier. Good news for a declining economy. I'm sure it makes great birthday gifts. Let's see who's party are we going to next . . . ? Just kidding, I'll not give you floss and an old shoe.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't forget a nice big cardboard box!
Love this - read it to all the kids. I hope Tammy didn't mind as I wouldn't be surprised if JJ finds a way to "floss" something around the house. :)a
at least your getting it for free!
Post a Comment