Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another prayer post

Tonight Jack's prayer went something like this

"Heavenly Father thank you for my family, bless us to see our cousins at least once before we die, I'm thankful that mom and dad can provide for us. Bless me to keep growing up and bless mom not to be sad about it"

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy hearing my kids prayers? Yea, I know I have. Is it annoying? One day they aren't gonna let me listen anymore but I hope they keep saying them. He looked so big today so I mentioned that he looked more grown up. I guess that's where the bless mom not to be sad about me growing up part comes from. My kids are also still really sad they haven't seen their cousins in a very long time. It's gotta happen soon. Sometimes I wish I had all the money in the world and sometimes I just wish for enough to buy 5 plane tickets from Anchorage to the East coast. Last time I checked around Christmas they were about $1,500 a piece.

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love reading their prayers!

Kritta22 said...

Oh my gosh! One of us needs to win the lotto!! I'd buy you guys tickets to see cousins.

I will post my menu! It's probably not nearly as yummy as yours but I'll do it.

I think taron is counting just the food she buys big grocery shopping. Not the going out or little stops.

There is NO way you could feed a family of four on a $100 of food. I've tried with just Chris, Connor and I.

Lindsay JJ said...

What thoughtful prayers.... my kids prayers have gotten a little generic lately.... any tips on how to change that? So well written, I also wonder when my children will stop letting me listen to their prayers, thinking of that makes the nightly bedtime routine more meaningful generic prayers or not.

Rhiannon said...

This is soooo cute! And oh my goodness can I relate. My kids ask tons about seeing their cousins in OK. I've met my nephew once since they moved and he just turned 3! It's so sad, but a few hundred bucks a ticket x's 3= we never see them.

Big Bummer! But makes for cute prayers :)!