Friday, September 25, 2009

The begining of winter

With talk of termination dust (snow on the mountains, end of summer) and sicknesses settling in, and our light diminishing everyday, I've begun to feel the need to hibernate. I'm aimlessly wandering the Internet while Sam entertains himself with video games. We did do some school this morning and it was pretty good considering he has decided to hate all school things like Jack.

My point is that I've no focus. I am wasting vast amounts of time that I should be doing something useful. It's 11 am and I'm still in my pj's. I have tons to do but feel no pull what-so-ever to do them.

What motivates you? Share with me please cause I'm needing some ideas.

3 comments:

lelu said...

Hmmm... Good question. I try to get us out of the house a couple mornings a week. To the library or the park. Otherwise I stay in my PJs too. I keep saying I'm going to get back to the gym but that hasn't happened either.

I can't believe it's already getting cold there. I wish would get colder here.

Carrilyne said...

Mary, I have the same problem right at this very time of my life too!! But I have figured out what it is that is keeping us from accomplishing the things we want to do!! It is those blasted pjs! Right when you wake up shower and get dressed (sometimes I only have time to get dressed), then read your scripts for however many minutes you can before your children need you! Trust me it works! I am trying to do it everyday! The two or three days I have actually done it, my day has been wonderfully productive!
It is starting to get dark at 7:30 here and I hate it! What time does it get dark for you??

Pattie said...

Most days I feel completely unmotivated and wonder myself how it is that I will ever get anything done. Then, low and behold, I wake up one morning and figure it all out...for that day, at least. I think the more you have/need to do the less motivated you are to do anything at all.