Wednesday, April 28, 2010

maybe

So I've been tired lately. I can always find a reason as to why I am tired but I been thinking I shouldn't be tired all the time. Then I remembered that about 3 years ago I had a physical and the doctor that I saw looked at my lab work and assumed I was on thyroid medications and said that my thyroid count was a bit off. I told him I didn't take any medications and then he said "oh, you probably don't need to, don't worry about it" Yes, I know I should have followed up on that one pretty quick but then I got pregnant and we moved to AK. Since then I have gone to the doctor and requested to do blood work but kept forgetting to actually get to the lab while fasting. I finally remembered and they said I had to go back to the doctor to get it requested again. Ah pooey, I haven't gotten back. So now I'm thinking perhaps my thyroid makes me so tired, maybe it's staying up past twelve almost every night and getting up at 7am, maybe I'm diabetic (the doctor mentioned he wanted to test me for diabetes too), maybe I just need to work out more, maybe it's all in my head or maybe it's sugar.

So what I'm going to attempt to do is keep a journal of when I feel really crummy and what I'm eating. I'm not a big food journal fan but I think if I can do that for a few weeks and note anything significant myself then I can let the doctor know.

I realize this blog post is putting my once three, probably now two readers on the edge of their seats. It's been so long since I've posted anything but as I've stated already, I'm not at the top of my game. Maybe it's just getting older, I am 35 ya know.

3 comments:

Ben Stair said...

Let us know what happens Mary! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Kirsten said...

Your funny! There are more than 3 of us. Thyroid problems can make you tired. You should go and get it checked out. :)

Danielle said...

35!!! wow you are OLD!! Good luck finding out what it is, maybe they will put you on thyroid meds and you will be a bundle of energy and lose weight without even trying ;) if that works, maybe you could send me some too!!