Eavesdropping is not a habit of mine but as I was patrolling the halls at church today I walked past David's class and listened for a minute. I heard his teacher say "What's Easter about?" The kids were saying things like
Candy
eggs
plastic eggs with money
and then I hear David "POOP"
Mike decided a while ago that it would be really fun if the Easter Bunny left edible droppings in our home. A trail of sorts that we had to follow. Easter is the only time these magical droppings become edible and in fact delicious. They taste just like chocolate covered nuts or raisins. So David wasn't trying to be rude in class but I'm not sure anyone else wouldn't have gotten that. I popped my head in the door as David is giggling and let the teacher know that indeed we are the lucky recipients of edible droppings and then instructed David to quit talking about it.
What are we doing to our children?
Jack also asked me very sincerely who the Easter Bunny is. Magic is slipping.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oops, I noticed a mistake, How do I edit?
Mary, your last comment totally reminded me of one of our last Sundays in WR before we PCSed. We never told any of our children that Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy was real or not real it just was. One Sunday, I was pulled out of RS to find Katie and Vanessa Lewis in the hallway bawling their eyes out...see Vanessa assumed that all kids her age already knew about the secrets of Santa...and Katie obviously had her imaginary world destroyed by this knowledge in Primary. So Vanessa was upset that she had destroyed her childhood and K was upset that I hadn't told her. She asked later that night if the Tooth Fairy was real. And I answered her truthfully. The next day she came to me and said "After yesterday, Mom, I am at least glad that the Easter Bunny is real!" Um yeah...
oh Jen, wow! I'm glad she survived it. Jack didn't ask us about anyone else. Just the Easter bunny and i'm not going to say anything until he does.
Oh my gosh! That's so funny!
I remember when you first told me about your Easter bunny droppings. . . AH the Stair family and their poop I thought. . . but now it's a fun part of our Easter tradition as well. LOL
Joe introduced egg wars to Sam this Easter and neither of them could get enough of it. Next year I'll make more eggs!
Post a Comment