Thursday, March 25, 2010

past due promises

So over a year ago I did one of those give aways but then I never gave anything away. I apologize to Marbeca and Lelu who were two of my winners. My other winner came to visit me and got two aprons. They were very cute and I should have taken some pictures.

So this here is a purse that I've been meaning to make for over a year. Marbeca or Lelu, whomever is the first to respond can have this original creation. Imperfections guaranteed. I'll work on something else for the other, sooner then a year though.

The outside is made of wool and is a bit of a earthy teal color. Bamboo buttons for decoration and an Asian style print for the lining. I altered the bamboo handles by painting them and sanding them. They are attached with some red ribbon. I was conflicted on what I wanted to attach them with but decided that the red would do nicely.
I did not add pockets, sorry, I usually do. I never use a pattern and sometimes my creations have after thoughts like, I should have put pockets on that before I sewed it up. hmm. :) But that's what makes it a mary monster mary original.

Sorry my pictures are a bit dark.




5 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Mary, I really love asymmetrical feel of the purse.

I've done a couple of scripture totes, without a pattern.

I feel bad for my sister, she got the first one, which really should've been the prototype and not an actual gift. But she loves it.

Other family members have demanded one of the their own, so as i do each one they have improved.

But I still struggle with the corners.

Great to know you are still keeping up with your sewing.

Pattie said...

Can I secretly be Marbeca or Lelu and get the purse? It's SUPER cute!

lelu said...

Phew! I saw that there were already two comments and was sure I missed my chance. I haven't done my giveaway either. Had completely forgotten about it until now. So thanks. And I am REALLY excited to have a monstermary origainal of my very own. You rock!

Rebecca said...

a day late and a dollar short! next time! lelu beat me to the punch

Amber Henrie said...

Mar - these look AWESOME!!! You are one of the most talented women I know. Finally catching up on blogs, especially yours. Thanks for being my #1 reader and fan of BOTH of my blogs....sometimes I think you're the only one that reads them!