Monday, September 13, 2010

Journal


I used to think writing a blog was pretty much scrap booking (when I post pictures) and a journal. Sometimes I write what goes on in our family and sometimes it's just random thoughts rolling around in my head. I've actually started writing in a 15 cent notebook at my bedside fairly regularly and have realized that perhaps I don't the need the blog anymore. I'm pretty sure the only one who ever sees it from my family is my brother (Ben you do count and thanks for reading) and on occasion my sister-in-law (thanks Ains) but other than that it doesn't really keep family updated. A few friends read from time to time too but could probably be updated via emails or face book, so I'm contemplating ending this blog. Maybe I'll have it printed so I can have my scrapbook/journal in a physical form not just floating out there in cyberspace. If anyone has printed up their blogs before let me know how it went and the cost about. I'll have to check it out.
Oh and I threw in a photo of my and Ains with our matching hairdoos. :) This was from the reunion. Do you think my arms would have looked skinnier if I would have had one on my hip too? Love ya Ains but dang you're skinny. :) Sometimes I forget that I'm 30 pounds heavier than when I married. Hmmmm.

6 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I check in on you guys through the blog :) We are still seriously talking about coming up to visit next summer.
Look at Blurb/Booksmart for getting your blog made into a book. A hard cover with about 100 pages is $40 I think. But they have lots of options.
Sheila

Lauren said...

i enjoy reading your blog. i printed mine on blog 2print.com last year. i remember it being super easy. mine cost i think $45 w/ shipping. i love your "oh henry" shirt. very appropriate for you.

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

I love reading your blog.

Ben Stair said...

Even if our ludite family rarely reads it, I like it, it's a good way for me, and it looks like lots of your friends, to keep in touch with you.

Eileen said...

I'll keep reading your blog. :) But, I know how you feel. The only time my family ever reads mine is if they complain that they haven't seen pictures of Claire lately and I remind them that I have a blog and they should look at it every once in a while.

Pattie said...

I love peaking at your blog so you should totally keep it!

Let me know when you find the best place to print your blog. I have a few years worth that needs to be done.