Yup, that's me. I work a whole 2.5 hours a day for $10 an hour. It's a very glamorous job as NOON DUTY at the kids school. My kids begged me not to. Jack specifically begged as he was convinced I'd turn mean. I already thought I was mean so it shouldn't be a big deal right?
I am surprised at how my day disappears with 3 hours (travel time included) stripped away. I thought I'd have all this time and my house would be clean and my laundry put away and the dishes done and meals prepared far in advance. Wow, was I wrong. Maybe it just takes some time to get into a new schedule. I have had many other appointments too for the kids and myself. I keep thinking things will calm down but they never really do. I guess I should embrace the chaos a little more.
I must tell you though, I love being able to see my kids at school. It's so fun to see how they play and who they play with. It's also interesting to see that Jack who so strongly opposed me taking the job does actually recognize me (something he said he wouldn't do) and even comes to tell me about other kids getting in trouble. Hmmm, could possibly be ulterior motives here but I go by what I see for the most part. I'm not quick to send anyone to the principle's office.
I have to tell you about one little girl in particular that just cracks me up. She's a third grader and has quite the imagination. She first came up to me and told me that she has a bite like a vampire. She then bit down on her arm to show me. Later on she comes by to tell me that she's part Chihuahua. This cracks me up but I try my best to keep a straight face. She tells me as if she truly believes that she is part chihuahua. She continues to tell me that she's not really sure how it happened and you can't really tell by looking at her but indeed she is part chihuahua. Such a funny kid, then she proceeded to dig in the turf a bit like a dog. mmm maybe she is. ;)
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like a sweet gig! Watch out for those vampire bites
Post a Comment