Sorry there aren't any pictures but here's a recipe since I haven't posted one in a while. This is for those who are still getting good fresh tomatoes. Mmmm I'm jealous. I grabbed this from a Southern Living Magazine a few years back and I really enjoyed it.
Tomato Napoleon
8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
¾ cup fresh tomato dressing
3 Large tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
24 basil leaves shredded
Place cheese in a shallow dish. Pour fresh tomato dressing over cheese; cover and chill 1 hour. Remove cheese slices, reserving tomato dressing. Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt and pepper. Place one tomato slice on each of 4 salad plates; top each with 1 cheese slice and 2 shredded basil leaves. Repeat procedure with 1 tomato slice, 1 cheese slice, and 2 shredded basil leaves. Top with remaining tomato slices and basil. Drizzle evenly with reserved dressing.
This is really yummy but obviously best with garden grown, in season tomatoes.
Fresh Tomato Dressing
1 cup olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 TBSP sugar
1TBSP salt
1TBSP pepper
4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 TBSP fresh thyme leaves or 4 thyme sprigs (I’ve used dried before)
Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Stir in chopped tomatoes and thyme. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally, Cover and chill 8 hours.
NOTE: Dressing maybe be stored in the fridge up to 1 month. Stir additional chopped fresh tomato into dressing after each use.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds so yummy!!! I miss fresh garden tomatoes.
Post a Comment