We consume more than 5 dozen eggs a month. That sounds like an awful lot of eggs. Guess what? I think we'll eat more because it's much cheaper to eat eggs for breakfast than cold cereal and I believe eggs are healthier for us. My kids love omelets, poached eggs and boiled eggs and I love eggs in breakfast wraps and frittata. I see nothing wrong with the consumption of eggs. I'm not even scared of egg yolks, I believe they are indeed health food. I think it will cost me abut $16 a month to do this. Guess how much we spend on cold cereal and milk? More. So that's my new goal this month, eat more eggs. Yeah my kids may get sick of them but we'll see how it goes, they may not.
Share any of your egg tips with me.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I've been eating eggs a lot lately, too, and agree they are much cheaper. When I scramble them I tend to omit half of the yolks, and add an extra egg white or two....plus some mushrooms, green peppers, spinach, cheese, or whatever else I have in my fridge.
We love boiling eggs and making eggs sandwiches, definitely breakfast burritos, and making omelets in sandwich bags. sorry, i couldn't make it to church today. I have a dentist appt.
Today I had eggs scrambled with sliced chicken-apple sausage. The sausage is spendy, and this way we just eat a little portion of it, not one+ sausage each. I also hard-boil eggs for on top of salads. My friends make scrambled eggs with various herbs, which makes them more interesting.
Sounds delicious.
I just finished a plate of scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. The sun is shining in the kitchen window and the plate has a nice oily sheen to it. Hmmm...I think the butter my eggs were cooked in deminished all healthiness from them. And if the butter didn't do it, the oil from the hashbrowns did. Oh well, it was delicious!
Quiches are good too! I've had breakfast ones as well as dinner ones and they are yummy. I always forget about various ways to use eggs other than the usual scrambling or hard boiling.
When camping we make egg omelets where you crack one to two eggs in a plastic bag and let the kids add what they want to the bag. Cheese, onions, mushrooms, or tomatoes. Then you zip the bag and let them mix them up. Drop the bag into a pot of boiling water and there you are. Don't forget the salt and pepper. Super fun for anytime. And then the boys get to make their own.
Hudson wants eggs every morning and Eli wants French toast or cereal. I slide some eggs on his plate trying to be sneaky. Eggs are the way to go.
When camping we make egg omelets where you crack one to two eggs in a plastic bag and let the kids add what they want to the bag. Cheese, onions, mushrooms, or tomatoes. Then you zip the bag and let them mix them up. Drop the bag into a pot of boiling water and there you are. Don't forget the salt and pepper. Super fun for anytime. And then the boys get to make their own.
Hudson wants eggs every morning and Eli wants French toast or cereal. I slide some eggs on his plate trying to be sneaky. Eggs are the way to go. Robb's not really commenting,just his wife.
Post a Comment