Truth, it's eternal right? The truth will set you free, right? Truth can also be difficult and painful. I am hoping that I can speak truth well. I've never been a good liar, ever, really. Sometimes I have a hard time not telling the truth. You know when someone gives you a compliment about an outfit and you feel the need to be honest in saying that it's a size bigger than your used to etc. Little things like that that probably don't need to be said. I'm a bit of TMI kinda person. Truth be know I don't really use acronyms like TMI often and when people text me sometimes I have no clue what they are saying because I don't speak acronyms well. See there I go again, probably a little too much.
When I was a teenager a lady from church used to always tell me "when someone gives you a compliment you smile and accept it" I've always had a hard time with that. Sometimes I catch myself before saying something stupid that negates the compliment of a kind person. Sometimes not. It's a work in progress.
Recently life has been challenging to say the least and my thoughts have been turned towards truth and the burden that it can be to tell the truth. In my mind I've battled with how to present the truth. I've never thought about it's presentation so much before, I kinda blurt things out, sometimes a bit awkwardly. I've realized that it's a skill I'd like to have, to "speak truth well".
How does one acquire such a skill? hmm, not sure but I'm keeping that as a goal for the time being. What are your thoughts on the subject?
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i love you mary!
we are the same. im a too much info person too. and actually get offend when people arent!
i dont know how to help you. i too sturggle with speaking the truth well or even nicely.
my word goal for next year is honest. thats going to be our family goal. honesty in all things. maybe the year after we can work on honesty nicely! lol
D&C 97:8
"Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice—yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command—they are accepted of me."
This is what came to mind when I read your post.
Mary, I love that you are who you are! I still read your blog! Its one of my favorites!
I think our family in general struggles with accepting compliments. Funny how family culture affects us huh? I can't really imagine being any other way?
Post a Comment