My dear friend Jessica asked me the other day how we can keep each other motivated to exercise regularly. I'm great at doing it once every few weeks but somehow the benefits don't really come with that kind of working out. So we were chatting and she had just used our bathroom which had been cleaned 2 days prior but any mother of little boys would know that that is just not soon enough. I cringed at her going in there thinking "Darn, I wish I made the boys clean that up before they came over" But alas, she is a true friend and loves me regardless of what three little boys can do to one bathroom. Maybe because she too is the mother of three boys. She got the bonus girl at the end though. :)
So my point is that I jokingly said that since I hate cleaning the bathroom that it would motivate me to work out if the deal was that the one who did not keep their end of the bargain had to clean the other's bathroom. Now I don't know if I could really make her do that for me but I know that if I broke the deal I'd willingly go clean her bathroom as punishment and motivation for the next time. I don't think I've ever used her bathroom, it may be a spotless wonder for all I know but if not I'd still clean it.
So yesterday I thought I'd jump on the exercise train quickly. I put in my yoga video but the VCR ate it. It has never done this until yesterday. A sign no doubt. :) J/K. Then I put in my Pilate's DVD and halfway through Sam stopped it and you can't choose scene selections which is really annoying. So then I decided my children needed me and I should just quit. Half a video counts right? Wrong because the deal was 30 min. or more for three times a week. I didn't do anything else and after a tiring family home evening of driving the 4wheeler (still doesn't count) we came home and put the boys to bed and I wanted to melt into the couch into a sleepy abyss. DING DONG. My wonderful neighbor is at the door ready to walk. Why do I forget about that every Mon. , Wed. and Fri. ? Maybe because deep down I'm lazy and don't' feel like exercising. I got up and looked at Mike who said. "Go ahead" and put on my shoes and headed out. I love those walks even when I'm dead tired. So I got in my exercise for yesterday.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank goodness for your friend that walks to save the day! What a great plan of keeping each other motivated! yeah girls!!
You crack me up! Hope you had a fun, yet productive, walk. Maybe you should up the ante - say, whoever loses has to let the other ones boys use their bathroom for a week...and clean up after all 6 of them. HAHA Hows that for even more motivation?
Thank you for watching Mychel's kids. I really appreciate it! I hope you will be able to go on Saturday. It will be wonderful to have you there. You have been a big support to me. I love ya, chica!
Are you really done with kids? I just can't see you being finished! Maybe that's because feel it my duty to pressure all my friends to have more kids, because I'm not able to!
I've decided our next kid will get to be a dog! At least they will be a perpetual kid or at least that's what I hear! Maybe this will curb the ache in my uterus! HA!
Post a Comment