Monday, July 28, 2008

Facade

Today my lovely neighbor stopped by to borrow dry mustard. I said "Sure, come on in" As we walked upstairs I realized how messy my house was. We'd been out all day and I let the kids go to town when we got home. So I said to my neighbor "Oh, sorry it's so messy" Then she said with honest to goodness relief in her voice that she was glad to know I wasn't perfect. I had to laugh out loud. I told her I'd better invite her over more often so she can see it messy more often. She said "well, you make so many things from scratch, you sew, and your house is always tidy, I'm glad to know your human" Aaah, little does she know how human I really am. So after she left I looked around pleased that I am human and then reminded my boys that if they keep their rooms clean every day for 2 weeks that I'll pay them 2 dollars. They hurried to clean. I smiled and pulled out the vacuum and decided I'd let the Facade continue and maybe I can fool a few more people.

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I wish people said that about me!! I don't think I will ever have to worry about people thinking I'm not human...not with two dogs, Connor and a husband!! LOL (I think it's the dogs that get you!)

Kritta22 said...

We'd love to go camping BUT we have no extra money this month and Chris is saving his leave for hunting season. Sorry!

Check out this site:

weareallenlisted.blogspot.com/

Kinda fun if we get some people on here.

Marbecca said...

Mary, You are definitely not alone. We all have our "dirty" (no pun there!) little secrets. Ha ha

Anonymous said...

So my friend Kindra stopped in with her whole family last Sunday night. We had Hannah's b-day party Saturday morning and spent the rest of the weekend RUNNING! In and out of the house to a million different places so by Sunday night the house was trashed and I was exhausted. So Kindra walks in my living room and there are like three loads of unfolded laundry on the couch, board games all over the floor, party streamers hanging off the walls, etc., etc., etc. Total craziness! And Kindra said, "oh my gosh, i love you so much more now!" It's always comforting to know that EVERYONE has a mess every now and then.