Sunday, July 27, 2008

I finished Stephenie Meyer's book "The Host" today. Man that thing is whopping! I am a person who has never really enjoyed much science fiction. I think it's funny that I love her books so much. Now I do think she's a little wordy and sometimes her characters are a bit annoying but something about her books draws me in and I turn into a bit of a neglectful mother. I think my kids watched a couple hours of "Thunder Cats" today. I'm not a big TV mom but we got it from the library and I was almost done with my book so they watched and watched and watched. THUNDER CATS HO! Sam is now "Lionel" If you call him Sam or just speak to him, he'll quickly say "Mom, I told you I'm Lionel!" It's cute and annoying at the same time.

It's funny the burst of engery I get after completing a book like that. It's over 600 pages and I started it Monday so I finished it just under a week. When I was done I decided to clean the kitchen and DUST! I never dust. I have a whole list of things I don't really do and one of them is dust. Others are base boards and toaster ovens. I don't know why I don't do them I just don't.

I then wrestled each kid individually and then collectively until someone got hurt. I read books, did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, vaccumed. A total burst of energy. Weird isn't it? Anyone else get like that after they complete a big book? Or do you suddenly think of life in an alien way, or feel like writing your own book or maybe your feel like one of the characters in the book? I think of so many random things.

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

After I finish a book, I either
1. get really crafty and want to make things or
2. want to find another great book so I don't have to clean my house!!
I have never wanted to write my own book. i think it's because I wrote so many papers in my ENglish classes that I put my share in! Have you ever wanted to write to book?

Mary Monster Mary said...

Yeah, mostly children's books but I've never gotten farther then a few paragraphs on a page before I say, "I don't think I want to do this anymore" I think if I could illustrate them too that it would be more fun but since I'm not that talented it probably won't happen unless I take some classes. I usually feel like I can take on the world after reading a good book.

Kritta22 said...

Go check out my site, Power Woman!! GO right now!!
Maybe you could talk Lindsay Johnson into drawing for you!

Carrilyne said...

I loved the Host also although I do agree with you about annoying charaters. But I also get a burst of energy from reading books. Actually I think it comes from the fact that I have neglected my house and children and husband for however long and so when I am finished reading I try to make it up to them!