My friend recently asked on her blog what our days are like. I'll attempt that now, though it differs greatly in summer time an school time.
Summer-
Wake up to Sam coming into my room and snuggling me around 9am, then David and then Jack.
We eat some breakfast-usually cold cereal but sometimes waffles or oatmeal.
I then clean up the kitchen and think about taking a shower. While I shower the kids want to watch a movie so I put on a 30min. one.
Then they play all day and make huge messes that they never want to clean up.
We eat lunch-usually peanut butter sandwiches and apples but it varies a little quesadillas are quite popular too.
Then it's either playing, or a bike ride or a trip to the library.
Then we eat dinner- something the kids all declare "DISGUSTING" and I clean up again.
Through out this time I find SAM sneaking into granola bars about 5 times throughout the day.
We play with Dad or go fly airplanes or fishing or watch movies.
Really I guess it's pretty boring. I should have written this when I was feeling a little more creative so I could give it to you all spiced up.
We read and read and read some more before bed and then we read in bed and then they get up and we put them back in bed and then we threaten to make them sleep in the basement and then they go to sleep.
School time has changed things up since I have to wake everyone up. Jack never wants to get up and he usually hasn't finished his homework the night before so I am trying to get him dressed, fed and doing homework in less then an hour. He is working at molasses speed at this point and I am trying to not go to the bus stop in PJ's again but usually I do. I think the other mom's must think I'm so lazy but oh well. I always wait with Jack and David at the bust stop and I always wave good bye until I can't see them anymore.
Then Sam and I go in to clean up the house. Sometimes I get the kids to make beds before school but if not sometimes I make them now.
Sam is bored and wants to "play a game mommy" This turns into a million games. It's fun but then I realize I've got to get stuff done and then I think "Oh Mike will be home for lunch soon" You never know if he's bringing someone home either so I try to be showered by this time. I hurry and shower while Sam watches a movie at which point he is sneaking into granola bars again. Then Mike comes home and we eat left overs and then goes back to work. Sam and I are back to Mommy needing to play with him and me trying to squeeze in some laundry or something.
Lately I've taken to calling up people and asking if their kids can come over so that Sam will be able to play. This will hopefully become better when we do a twice a week preschool coop starting next week. I'm looking forward to it.
Then we wait for everyone to come home, eat a snack, play eat dinner, attempt homework and then read books and go to bed. That's it. Not too much excitement.
You probably didn't even make it to this point so I really should quit writing by now but just seem to be stuck because I don't really want to go to bed but I'm totally exhausted. How long do you think I can drag this out. You know I always think of these great things I want to post but by the time I do my brain is drained and it sounds so hum hum cause I can't remember my wondrously fabulous things to write.
Hasta Luego- hey next post I'll try to write in Spanish. I'm sure that'll get me some readers. :) J/k. Can you tell I really need to stop now. :)
Okay okay already I know you quit reading so I'll stop.
Bye Bye
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sam can come play with us anytime he wants...send hi our way!
I love it! Your days sound really busy, and I love how you tell about them. Made me laugh out loud several times. You are such a great mom!
Mary - not sure exactly why but this particular line in your blog just really touched me..."and I always wave good bye until I can't see them anymore." I know a lot of moms do this but it was just so sweet to see it in writing. Your life sounds wonderful!
I was totally entralled in your days! Just like my days, not every minute can be exciting!
Post a Comment