Thursday, September 4, 2008

Habla Espanol?

Hoy los misioneros de mi iglesia comieran con migo y mis vecinos por almuerzo. Okay enough of that. My spanish stinks.

I just watched Palin's speech from tonight. I thought she did a good job. It'll be really interesting to see how things turn out. With elections close by it causes one to reflect on life in America. I must say that we don't usually understand the great things we have until they are taken from us. My grandma is 96 and really liked the idea of a female president and was disappointed that Hillary Clinton was no longer an option. She told me that she remembers women getting the opportunity to vote. This has caused a bit of reflection on how that all came to be. I am amazed and awed at what strong women they were to fight for this right that so many take for granted. It's given me that extra boost to really look at the options and decide who I think will be the best person to lead our Nation. I hope you all do too.

Funny how these thoughts are in correlation to a degree with my recent readings. I picked up a book called Amish Society by John A. Hostetler. I just thought it would be interesting since I remember seeing many Amish people from my childhood in PA. Asking my mom why they don't drive etc. Reading about how the religion came to be and the difficulty they had with the governments where they lived. I haven't gotten too far into the book. I'm grateful to live in this country where I am free to believe as I wish.

Adios Mis Amigos :)

5 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I got "The missionaries of my church are funny? and..." that's all I got.
What does it say? I have forgotten almost everything.
I'm really excited about Palin too! I love that she is real...with her 5 kids and one that is prego. That's not stopping her from running.
I love the Amish world. I read about them when I can. You should read the Covenent by Beverly Lewis and that series. It's really good.

Mary Monster Mary said...

What I tried to say was, The missionaries from my church ate lunch with me and my neighbors today.

careysue said...

I just found your blog! I was reading a couple of posts ago about what your day is like...it sounds just like mine used to!! Its too funny.

My kids are a bit older now. I do have a 7 year old but he's the youngest.

I will be back checking on you and your lovely family.

Carrilyne said...

I checked your blog like every week for a while and you never had new post! Then I go and have a baby and I got behind in catching up with blogging and now you have like three new posts! Yeah! I love to read about you, and the boys!

amelia bedelia said...

I came across your blog from Krista w. I am very exctited you are sharing your great Sarah with us. I love her!