Friday, November 14, 2008

Happiness

Last night my Jack did his homework willingly. Now this isn't the normal two pages he has. It was about 8-10 pages. When this happens it's overwhelming for him. I promised myself I wouldn't ask him to do homework all week. I kept my promise for the most part. I would make general announcements like, "only those who have homework done will get to do ____" This worked a little bit so he had a lot of leftovers by last night. So I decided to tell him that if he finished ALL his homework I'd let him sleep in my bed with me. WOW, did that kid get going. I guess it was Mommy time he needed. Something comes to mind, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", there's been a bit of squeaking lately. I had decided it was pretty much what kids do at 7 and I still think it is to some degree but I also think that he needed Mommy time. So it was about 10pm and we hopped into bed. I usually don't go to bed until later but thought that I needed to talk a bit with him to see if anything was bugging him. He was talking a million miles a minute but none of it about bullies, or mean kids or anything but BIONICLES. The kid has a one track mind with these things. He loves them. I don't follow the story so well. He's always telling me stuff and gets a bit frustrated when I don't remember this Toa or who Gali is etc. GI JOE's were much easier. But I must say that I was purely happy to have my Jack who hates school so much do his homework with such ease last night. Makes a mom want to smile. :)

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love that you notice that your kids need mommy time. It's so hard to just have one on one time when you are so busy. I only have one kid and it's hard! I can't imagine what three is like!

Ben Stair said...

This just reminds me how all of us used to argue over "My mom". Good times.