Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sledding in October

Mike wanted to take the boys sledding before he left. So we drove about an hour away and came to this place (I can't remember now what it was called). Everything else in the towns we passed seemed to have closed down in Sept. so I guess the only thing left to do is sled.
We went a bit unprepared. I thought Mike had the kids pile up their stuff to load and he thought I had checked it. We got there and realized that Jack had no coat or snow pants. Jack was so tough though because he still wanted to play. I did have an extra change of clothes for everyone so I figured we'd be okay. He kept trying to dig snow tunnels.

If David's feet look large it's because he's wearing my boots. In our mix up we found that we didn't have boots for David. Ooops. He said his feet were fine in mine. I just stayed in the car and watched as I hate having cold feet. They were making snow chairs.


They hiked up this hill to sled down. I thought I'd get a chance when they got back and I could steal my boots back but I guess we were done by then. Next time.




My main man. I love him I do. I tried taking a few of us just sticking my arm out and snapping. This was the best one.



5 comments:

mags said...

that's a really great picture of you two!

Danielle said...

looks like fun, so who needs preparation?!

Marbecca said...

SOOOOO COLD. Boo, I am not ready for winter.

Pattie said...

All that snow makes me feel cold. I wish we had enough snow so we could go sledding this weekend - although that would mean cold feet, hands, nose, etc, and I hate all that, too!

Kritta22 said...

I think that's Moose Pass. It's famous for it's snow mobiling trails.
Anyway I love the pictures! Especially of the one of you and Mike!
Guess what?! My mom just called and said she wanted to teach my friends a quilt class while she is here!! How awesome is that?! Ask and you shall receive! HAHA
Anyway she comes the 20th of Dec. So I was thinking we could sew sew sew to our little hearts content at one of the church buildings on Monday or Tuesday before Christmas! How cool is that?!