Friday, November 21, 2008

Sublinda

I have a wonderful neighbor, Belinda. Sam calls her Sublinda. She is always willing to help out in so many ways. She's a busy mom of 4 going back to school full time for nursing and soon to be homeschooling her teenage daughter. She amazes me. She gives her friendship so easily even when I was really weird when we first moved here. I realized later that I probably seemed like a freak but I chalk it up to being off kilter from loosing the baby.

She had a birthday recently and so I made her this flower pot cake. I baked it in the clean, new pot. I poked holes in it after it was cooked and poured sweetened condensed milk mixed with a little evaporated milk over it. I put icing on the top and crushed oreos to look like dirt. I used fat straws and cut them to size and then put the real flowers into them so they wouldn't be in the actual cake. Sam put the gummi worms on.

Belinda is an avid gardener and has her own batch of mail order worms in her garage. Did I tell you she was cool? Well she is. How many people do you know who keep their composting mail order worms in their garage. She lets the boys peek in on them and will even give them a few from time to time. It's too cold to keep the outside here except in the summer.

1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

What a great lady?! I'm sorry we didn't have another ticket for her daughter. I hope she got to go see it!
(How come I didn't know you lost a baby?)