Friday, November 21, 2008

Sweet little Sam



Sam is so fun to listen to when playing with his little friends. Today we had pre-school at our house. Sam was in heaven. Especially since his buddy Eli was back and he was no longer the only boy. He does love playing with the girls too but there's something to be said for that male bonding thing.

When all left but Emma, I was watching them play. They play SO well together. They are hilarious to listen to as well. I saw them kneel down together and pretend to pray. It was very sweet. Then Emma would go over to the fort chair and do something and sing and I realized she was playing the piano. She'd come back and say "otay dam its your turn" I love that she can't say her "s"very good. Makes me chuckle. Then Sam said "Oh, Okay, it's my turn to play the companio" I guess he got computer and piano mixed up. You'd think he'd know his instruments a bit better being the son of a musician. Just fun!

Sam usually says our lunch prayer and it's usually very short but today he said the sweetest prayer. It went something like this,

"Heavenly Father, thank you my Daddy doesn't die in Iraq, bless the kids there that don't have mom's or dad's or shoes or schools or only healthy foods and not junk" It was one of those moments when I feel a bit of pride because he can actually think of someone else besides himself. Good kid. We just bought a brand new pair of girls shoes size 6 1/2 for a whopping $3.75. I know it's busting the budget all to pieces but I couldn't help it as I noticed a box at church collecting shoes for Afghan children. I guess maybe this made a bit of an impact on my little Sam. He also knows that his Dad has played at a few orphanages over there and I had to explain what an orphanage was.

During this month of Thanks, it helps me to realize how much I am grateful for. So many little things that so many other people in the world do without. So many big things that come so easily too. We are all worried with the economy today but I can't help but feel like my world is okay. I'm grateful for that.

3 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Your Sam is so sweet! We'll watch your boys anything you need a break. Connor loves them.
I'm grateful for you. You are such a wonderful person. I forget how wonderful you are when we don't get to hang out anymore. It was so great chatting with you last night. I'm so glad that you were able to go. You are such a sweet and loveable chica! I heart you bunches. When should hang out more.

Ben Stair said...

That's a fun story. I'm horrible whenever I read about people not being able to say a sound right my brain slips right into Speech Pathology mode.

I'm so happy you called this a month of Thanks. I get a bit bummed out with all the Christmas decorations that go up weeks before Thanksgiving. It's good to know I'm not the only one that love T-day.

lelu said...

Sam looks just like you! I've always thought so but seeing this picture and then looking to the right at the picture of you...CRAZY!! He's like your mini me!