Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Time

Mike's family has a tradition of saying their "happy time" each day. It's something we continue to do and have enjoyed greatly. Our kids will always remind us if we fail to ask them about their "Happy Time". Jack will often not have one because he's mad he has to go to bed. Sam's are random and sometimes you just can't understand him cause he's so sleepy when he tells them to you. David's have been the same for about two years now. He ALWAYS starts it the same and then adds daily changes to it. This is how it goes.
After he says his prayers I say "David, what was your Happy Time today?"
David- "Be good, be nice, no hit, no spit, no fight"
Me- No no no , I want to know what your "Happy Time" was.
David- "Being good, being nice, no hit, no spit, no fight"
Me-okay what else"
David- (He spends a few minutes thinking as hard as he can) ummm, my happppy tiiiiime waaaaas, ummm school
Me- yeah anything else
David- ummm, yeah, and then he inserts anything particular that he enjoyed.

He's so used to saying his little be good, be nice, no hit, no spit, no fight that he now asks me if he can say it before he tells me his happy time since I've been trying to tell him that it's not actually his happy time especially on the days when he's not good or hits or fights. He's over spitting. By the way today he's eventual happy time was singing at his school Assembly in front of everyone. I was so proud as my kids never sing for people, at church or anywhere. Okay I take that back, last night Sam did sing a little Roxlan for our neighbors. The song is getting old even if he's still so cute singing it.

3 comments:

Kritta22 said...

This is like the third post in three days!! Waahooooo!!

I love that happy time idea. YOu are such a great mom!

Rebecca said...

huge fish! wow

Lindsay JJ said...

I love the Happy time concept! I am going to do that with the kiddos. I read an article in the Ensign that talked about a mom doing that with her kids every night and how they will talk to you because they want to drag out bedtime. I think I will do it just before prayers though because then it will help them come up with things to thank HF for when they pray...... thanks for the idea. Still pondering all my cheap tips for your previous blog.