Lately I've been thinking about the funny or silly things my kids say and do. They are so much fun. One of Sam's favorite comments now is "Oh Dear". I don't know where he picked it up from as neither Mike nor I say it but I think it's cute. I'll hear him playing and he'll say it out of no where.
The other day I was in deep conversation on the phone regarding callings for Primary. I kept getting interrupted by my kids and was getting a bit frustrated when the next one to come by was Jack and as I looked up he said "Mom, Look how far I can stick my finger in my nose!" He was totally amazed by his own skills, if you want to call it that.
David is so much fun, he's my hardest worker and my adventure boy. Mike let Jack and David drive the snow mobile totally on their own unbeknownst to me. I don't think it wise at all. Apparently he said that Jack drives like me, slow and David drives like Mike, fast. Oh how it worries me.
Anyways I've realized that David has the Henrie Zeal for life and adventure but he also has a bit of me in him too. With this Volcano he's been quite concerned. When we found out the Ash was here he got really worried because Mike wasn't home and then he said we needed to get to the store and buy two carts "full full full of food". He then wanted to duct tape the doors shut until I told him we needed to wait for Dad to come in through the door.
We also recently practiced a fire drill at which time David was pretty much in tears. He doesn't like the anticipation of the smoke detectors. I'm amazed at this little one.
We also declared underwear day yesterday as we are pretty much home bound with the Ash. They were all too happy as I've made strict rules requiring clothing to be worn at all times. So I guess to make up for it they had on the original pair of underwear they started the day with and then the came out with an extra pair on top of the first pair. Then they came out again but this time with another pair on their head. We'll see if re enforcing the clothing rule will be an issue again now that they've had their freedom. Life's good when you can run around in your underwear isn't it?
I'm looking forward to our own little Church service at home today. Mike asked Jack and David to give talks and Sam to do an article of Faith. They seem excited about it. We're also looking forward to General Conference next week. I'm curious if any of you have any traditions that your family does for General Conference, please share. The only thing we do is I make cinnamon rolls and we watch via the Internet.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love your stories about your boys! Hmmm, cinnamon rolls and the internet sound like good traditions to me! Share what you learn, ok? We just have lots of treats during conference, play conference bingo, and have a girls night during priesthood. Of course...every night's girls night, but that's beside the point! Are you enjoying "ash Sunday?"
I love your boys!! It's so wonderful how different each of them are!
I love your Underwear Day!! Great idea.
We don't have any traditions yet. I will be checking back to see everyone else's!
volcano? sounds scary!
Talk about funny things kids say - I don't think its a good idea for the Auntie Ains to try to date with little kids around. They say things right in the middle of church, or answer the door with an extra little gleam in their eye.
Conference traditions? I only remember them in Idaho with eating Easter candy. It was much nicer watching conference at home in PJ's with lots o candy.
Post a Comment