Tonight we played with Mike on the snowmobiles. I have to admit that it was pretty fun. Since it's started to stay light for longer we are already loosing track of time. Well I had a pretty good feeling what time it was but by the time we left it was 9:45pm so we didn't get home until about 10:15pm. On the way home we told the boys we were doing Articles of Faith for our scripture study. Jack had all the 13 memorized last April. He's got such a good memory that he still pretty much knows them all. David has 4 memorized. Sam has numero uno, nada mas. I figure that's pretty good for a kid who can't read. He was sounding a little sad about it and then we asked him to tell it to us. This is what he said,
We believe in God the Eternal Father and in his son the burning bush and in the holy ghost.
Well for my friends who don't know what the articles of faith are they are 13 statements that summarize what we believe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The first one really states
We believe in God the Eternal Father and in his Son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
Sam gets so many little things wrong like this and we tend to laugh because we think it's funny. Now he'll just pop up with something he once said that produced a laugh and expect the same response. Example, a few months ago while eating dinner he made a comment about not being able to talk because his "mouth drain" was full. Meaning he was chewing and swallowing. We thought it was hilarious at the time. A couple days ago he looks at me and says "mouth drain" and waits for a laugh. I looked at him and said "what did you say?" he repeats it and says "remember when I said mouth drain?" and then he cracks himself up. He's such a funny kid.
I've noticed in those parenting magazines, that I somehow still get for free and don't know why, the funny quotes in the back are almost always from 4 year olds. Must be something to that.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you know at least he is putting things together......I do believe there is a burning bush somewhere in the scriptures.
Hahaha I love it!
Funny things also come out when they haven't yet perfected their reading skills. Last week when we were reading scriptures, Amy said, "Yo unto the wicked..." I just about fell off the couch.
Post a Comment