Sunday, April 5, 2009

Prayers

Sam- bless me not to fall on the ice and cut my knee, bless me not to fall in lava, bless me to be a good boy and not a bad one. I really enjoy my kids prayers. It's nice to hear what's on their mind. Sam of course comes up with some pretty funny things.

I made some Beef and Barley soup tonight. No body liked it. Not even Mike. In fact he called about three people trying to pawn it off (strange I know). I'm sure thinking he'd have to eat the left overs. Before we ate the soup though the boys were sad about dinner (not uncommon) and in Jack's prayer he said - Bless this food to taste good so we can eat it and get dessert. I made some gooey chocolate pudding to encourage the eating of the soup as I knew it wouldn't go over well. Then my darn gooey chocolate pudding over cooked and was more like cake (which Mike hates). Oh well some days you win and some days you loose. I even made this great Greek salad and homemade french bread for lunch. The kids didn't like the salad but ate the bread. We had whole white wheat crepes for breakfast. My kids like chocolate ones but I don't really feel great about having dessert for breakfast so I take plain yogurt (about a cup) and add one scoop of Hershey's chocolate milk mix ( I think it dissolves better) and fill them up. They love it. I'm sure it has less sugar then most cold cereals and is made with whole grain. Everyone liked the crepes, so I guess today's food wasn't a total loss. :)

What's cooking at your house?

6 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love hearing what is going on in Chris' head too! It's just shocking sometimes what he thinks and prays for!

I can't wait to hear Connor's.

I would totally love ANY of your soup!!! You know, I don't pass up Mary homemade ANYTHING!!

I think you need to starve your kids more so they appreciate good cooking!!

Or you can send them over here for my cooking and they will go hungry!! :)

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Homemade French bread? Mmmmm. Can I have your recipe??

lelu said...

So did you like the soup? It sounds good to me. And we are actually having soup weather again. For a couple days...

Amanda said...

So when are you going to give me Mary's Big Cookbook of Awesome Recipes? I've given you a title, all you have to do is fill in the blanks--I'll pay cash for it!

Angela said...

I made a spinach salad the other day that my husband complimented. It was some spinach, some shredded chicken, some speghetti, 3/4 diced red bell pepper, 1/2 diced videlia onion, sliced olives, tossed in a Greek salad dressing. And I topped it with some swiss. (the recipe calls for feta, but I can't stand it) My husband was SEARCHING for the leftovers! He's rarely nice about my cooking, so needless to say I'll be making that again!