38, that's the number of boxes of cereal my crazy husband bought. It was the end of July and we were down to Kashi Shredded Wheat in the cupboard and maybe some Cheerios. I don't typically buy super sugary cereals. I have some rules I go by for purchasing cold cereal and I like to cook breakfast a few times during the week. My guidelines for cold cereal are this- no hydrogenated oils and no High Fructose Corn Syrup. I like it to contain 3g or more dietary fiber and protein. I had a friend who once said "what do eat? Puffed Wheat?" Truthfully yes, we do on occasion eat puffed wheat though I'm not sure it meets all my guidelines. My kids like it with honey drizzled on top. Needless to say that my guidelines limits the kinds of cereal I buy.
It was my turn to drive the boys and half the neighborhood to scouts and when I came home this is what I saw on top of my fridge and in my cupboard. I have never seen so much cereal in one house ever! Mike said he spent about $120. Crazy man. He and Sam had a blast though picking what they wanted. Of course the sugary cereals went the fastest. We still have a couple boxes left and it's the end of September. Amazing I know. My kids and husband were in cold cereal heaven.
The funny thing is that my kids are asking me to get the cereals I was buying before, like Wheat Chex and Cheerios. He he. I love it. Poor Mike.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment