Thursday, January 1, 2009

Birthday boy

David loves using this apron and has claimed it as his own. He also loves doing dishes. I think mostly because he loves playing in the water but also because of the praise he gets for helping. Today is his 6th birthday. Sadly it will most likely not be his favorite. He started the day sad that he couldn't talk to Dad. Then when he realized that waiting to have his party until Dad gets home means no presents until then. He was a sad sad boy. I didn't even take his picture today. I remember being a kid and it was my birthday (shortly after Christmas when everyone is broke). I had to eat onion soup and wear the red sweater ( I hated red) that my grandmother gave me. Nothing could have been worse then french onion soup. I pouted at the table and said "I didn't even get my picture taken" So my Dad pulled out the camera and captured my grumpy face sitting in front of my french onion soup wearing the dreaded red sweater. I wonder if today will be etched in David's memory like that day was for me. David is really quite a happy little boy. He's eager to please being the middle child and eats up every bit of praise he gets. He did get cupcakes and ice cream so it wasn't a total loss but still not the birthday he wanted. I should have gotten him one present for today and another for when Mike gets home. Poor kid. How do we ever survive childhood. :)


1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

Happy birthday David!! We Waggoner's love you bunches!!