Thursday, January 20, 2011

could I ?

Could I actually say good bye to my best friends?  Sugar, fat and the beautiful combination of it in Chocolate.  Oh I don't know but it's looking more and more like I might have to.

 I just reviewed a couple of diets my friend had great success with.  She's awesome and looks fabulous and I'd like to think that I could but I'm just not sure.  You see I've never been much of a dieter, just an eater.  I love food and the word diet hurts my ears.  Even when I seriously limited my consumption of certain foods I never referred to it as a diet, that was eons ago anyway so it really doesn't count. 

Anyway as I reviewed these diets they said to also quit corn, potatoes, peas and some of them said to lay off one of my favorite fruits, bananas.  Even here in AK I can get pretty yummy bananas.  Oh the internal battle that plagues me! 

Here's my solution, I'm only going to dip my toes, I can not jump in, not yet anyway.  I've pretended to be healthy for a long time and the reality is that I'm heavier now than ever before and it's not muscle.  Something must change and I'm gonna try to start with my sugar consumption.  I will allow myself one day a week to eat a sweet treat.   When I say a treat I mean chocolate brownies or something like that, not plain yogurt and granola that'll be my diet treat. 

That's it, it's my only goal and it feels almost impossible.  The rest of my food will remain the same until further notice.

We'll see if I can manage to eek through one week of this.  I'll report next week. 

Farewell!

2 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

You can do it Mary!!!

Kirsten said...

Good luck Mary! If you can do it maybe I can too, keep us posted!