Thursday, November 6, 2008

Birthday Boy!

Sam is now four in case you didn't know. He loves being four and will now say he is a "Big Boy". We had lots of kids at our house but it was lots of fun. Sam loved being the center of attention and getting some fun stuff. You can see he was surrounded while opening presents.

His little friend Eli whom we call "Eli Mcfly" gave him this bionicle. He must really be a big kid now that he gets the same toys as his big brothers. Look at that face!
FYI Sam loves Mustaches. I decided that most people wouldn't want me to draw them on their children with my black eye liner. I made little mustaches from some card stock and pictures of hair in magazines and that elastic jewelry stuff. They thought they were amazing. Even our little female friend Sabrina sported one. So cute.


Up- David, Jack and Kenny Down- David and part of Jack



We have a tradition to put candles in every meal on birthdays and sometimes we relight 3 or 4 times and sing again. Sam wanted pizza for his dinner and here he is doing his job. He changed his mind 5 million times on the cake so I ended up making a smiley face cake. We often ask Sam where his happy face is when he's sad, smileys are his thing. He also loves yellow so that worked great. I didn't get a picture though. It wasn't so spectacular-not like the Storm Shadow cake my friend once made for David. Every birthday we have my kids remind me of that awesome cake. Thanks Lelu.






6 comments:

Kritta22 said...

What a great mom you are!! I wanna be like you!! Happy Birthday Sam!!

lelu said...

LOVE the mustaches! I love your boys...they are just so boyish! I'll have to fly to Alaska and make them all a Bionicle cake sometime.

Henrie Arabian Nights said...

Love the pictures-so glad you got the USB port fixed! Miss you guys like crazy.

Carrilyne said...

In that picture of Sam holding the bionicle he looks just like you! Wow I can't believe he is four! I'm really hoping life brings you back to Utah someday... Your three boys my three girls... It would be a perfect match! Maybe someday the will all meet up at BYU!

Ben Stair said...

That looks likes a ton of fun. You're a great mom sister of mine.

Anonymous said...

Finally got to look at the blogs.

This is so fun Mary. Glad to see you are taking more pictures Tee hee Shall I call you Mary Wong now?