Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chickalicious

This was a fun little dessert bar that Amber took us too. It was so cool that we had to wait outside for about 45 min. to get into the place. We got in, in the nick of time. I had never been to a dessert bar before but it was really fun. I think it was $15 per person. You get this sorbet stuff to start with and then you order your dessert. Now you can see that for $15 it's not a big dessert. You are paying for the experience. After you get your dessert they give you little petite fores (sp?). Teeny tiny too but very yummy.






So this first one is mine. It was like a fig cake with fresh fig and sauce. All three bites were pretty good. The middle is Danielle's, I can't remember what it was called now but it was pretty good too. We all shared one of our three bites with each other. I think it was like a caramel pudding with pistachios and some kind of sorbet again. I think liked it the best. The last was Amber's and it was Asian pear, and a poached pear and sorbet.
What was really fun was watching these people create such pretty little edible artworks in a tight work space. The chef washed everything and put it away after each use even though she would have to get it out again two minutes later. I'm too lazy to do that kind of stuff. That's why I have "mommy's messy room". A whole room dedicated to leaving my projects and stuff out.

If you notice in this lovely picture of Me and Amber, I have a nice triangle of sunburn. My skin has been deprived of sunlight I suppose because my little exposed triangle sure pinked up nicely. It was so much fun.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohh, it was so yummy, thanks Ains!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

you are way too sweet! thanks for the amazingly yummy muffins. And the absolutely so thoughtful recipe in a plastic cover! UR awesome! :)